Hi everybody,
I've loved reading your posts. There's not a lot of new news around our house, but I want you all to know that I think about you a lot, and I hope we can all get together this summer for picnics and things "just because".
Can we start thinking about Mother's Day/Dad's birthday? Any way we could have a big picnic Sunday afternoon/evening or something?
We're looking forward to seeing Ryan in a week. And Steph will be home for a few weeks in May. Erik is busy this week with a "Skills USA" competition. Yesterday he and his team placed 2nd in the state "Quizbowl" competition. He says it's no big deal, there were only five teams competing - he's definitely got the Johnson humility gene. The competition was at Boise State. Today he's doing a video editing competition.
Erik is planting his first garden this year, with some advice from Grandma J. He's always wanted to, and I just realized we only have a few years left to help him do that, so we're going to cut a place out in the yard and hopefully make the soil good with Grandma's help. He's going to start this weekend.
Steph is finishing up her school year-one more to go. She got a full scholarship for next year, the only one offered in her program, so we are really happy for her. She's also the new Vice President of the student branch of the Music Therapy Association for the Northeast. She's applying for an internship in Sacramento next year. She's got a busy summer planned, some of it here in Idaho, and her best friend Razi is going to spend some time here, too.
It looks like Ryan might be moving to Idaho Falls in a year, if all goes well, and he'll finish his PhD from there. It would be great to have him live close to Tim and Amy-he's got some details to work out, but the offer has been made and he's excited about the possibility.
David is enjoying his new career, which takes a lot of creativity and working with architects and things, and since building is in his blood I think he's really loving it. He's constantly on the phone or the computer or dashing out to meetings. His office is at home, and we enjoy seeing him more - it's been a good life change for us.
We've been working hard to get the yard in shape. Erik said I hacked all the bushes, and I need to stop because they're probably dead now - I told him he shouldn't hold back, he should tell me how he really feels. Hopefully they'll grow back - they always do.
That's about it from the Johnsons!
Love you,
Lynda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog is dedicated to helping the Johnson Families stay up-to-date and connected in each other's lives...an improvement on the monthly newsletter.
If you have news to post, or an inspiring thought, please email Kallie (kallie.wilkins@gmail.com) and it will be posted the same day! You can also send pictures and jokes, which will also be posted the same day.
Send posts as often as you can! We LOVE hearing about what's going on in everyone else's lives!
If you have news to post, or an inspiring thought, please email Kallie (kallie.wilkins@gmail.com) and it will be posted the same day! You can also send pictures and jokes, which will also be posted the same day.
Send posts as often as you can! We LOVE hearing about what's going on in everyone else's lives!
2 comments:
Loved your post, Lynda. It is so great to read updates and keep everyone in touch...I probably need to do that soon. Glad to hear you guys are all doing well...can't believe how fast all the kids are growing. Love you guys!
Rhonda
Never got to say how much I enjoyed reading this. I love hearing about what you're all up to!
Post a Comment